Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of PAC and grassroots programs by maximizing fundraising, strategically targeting PAC contributions and encouraging and coordinating increased political involvement within company. This individual will implement the strategy for all aspects of the Political Action Committee (PAC) management and strategy, grassroots activity and engagement, oversight of political and grassroots involvement tools, internal and external fundraising, contacts and relationships with campaigns and party organizations, and organizing fundraisers.
Enhance PAC Membership and Receipts– help devise marketing strategies using new, innovative ideas for WalgreenCoPAC.
- Coordinate solicitations to prospective members.
- Track all contribution requests and recommendations
- Effectively target member involvement, prospective donors through letters, phone calls, e-mails, solicitation materials.
- Research, monitor and obtain information from pharmacy/other companies on current fundraising trends in order to implement new ideas into existing fundraising activities. Obtain this information through phone calls, conferences, and one-on-one meetings.
- Exchange ideas and information about prospective fundraising programs with other fundraising professionals outside Walgreens.
Grassroots - work creatively with government relations staff to help develop a robust Federal grassroots program which will enhance lobbying efforts
- Develop written communications to inform employees and management on grassroots action alerts and priority issues
- Help determine and implement best vehicle of communication for broadcasting grassroots initiatives
- Track and report on results of grassroots campaigns
- Maintain and grow Walgreens’ grassroots network
- Effectively and quantitatively contribute to the success of lobbying initiatives and grassroots campaigns
Grassroots events - coordinate with operations staff to host grassroots events
Create a checklist (kit) to guide local marketing staff hosting grassroots events
Tailor briefing documents for local grassroots events. Briefing documents include policymakers’ biographies, legislative background, etc. (in conjunction with Government Relations staff)
Engages in political activity representing Walgreen Co. as approved by management parties.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.