Pasco County Schools is seeking a qualified professional to assist in the development and execution of two-way communications between the school district and its stakeholders, using multiple methods of communication such as news media, social media, newsletters, and articles. This professional also must have experience working with the Florida Legislature, be able to analyze and track legislation, and be able to effectively work with district leaders, School Board members, legislators, legislative staff, and other public school lobbyists to achieve desired outcomes. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of Florida’s public records laws required. Send resume and cover letter to Linda Cobbe, Public Information Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB GOAL: Responsible for assisting in the development and execution of two-way communications between the District School Board of Pasco County and its stakeholders. Provide leadership in planning, developing, and implementing the district’s government relations priorities while providing assistance and direction to schools and district staff in communicating with the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position.
1. Assist in day-to-day operations and activities of the Communications & Government Relations Department.
2. Lead lobbying and other legislative/liaison activities at the local, state, and federal levels.
3. Conduct assessments of the District School Board of Pasco County’s government relations program; recommend changes when needed.
4. Coordinate with the Communications & Government Relations Department to keep the public and district employees informed of government relations news.
5. Advise the superintendent, school board, and members of the superintendent’s staff on department activities and apprise each stakeholder of areas where efforts are needed to help strengthen and improve the district.
6. Produce written newsletters, press releases, memoranda, and articles related to Communications & Government Relations Department, District School Board of Pasco County, all cost centers, students, and staff.
7. Assist with social media by providing content for the District’s Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and other social media sites related to legislative issues, updates, and other District activities; and maintaining individual social media accounts to share information relevant to the District’s stakeholders.
8. Assist with volunteer programs by overseeing activities of volunteer programs secretary, assisting school-based volunteer coordinators, and contributing to the recruitment and retention of volunteers.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
What makes Pasco County Schools a great place to work?
Take a look at our open positions: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/hreq/