A growing, boutique, bipartisan government affairs firm is looking for a State Government Affairs Associate with a specialty in state and local government development projects.
Active Policy Solutions (APS) was founded over 10 years ago to provide specialized expertise to clients in social change, government relations, and advocacy initiatives. We provide representation in numerous practice areas with specific concentrations in youth development, health and fitness, sports and physical activity, and civil rights.
The State Government Affairs Associate will support the Principals at Active Policy Solutions in providing government affairs support, such as helping to identify and pursue funding, for development projects, mostly for sports organizations. For example, a project to build courts, stadiums, or entire sports complexes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supporting government affairs initiatives for assigned clients which include:
- Having regular interaction with client project teams
- Developing government affairs project assessments
- Identifying possible government-related funding sources
- Identifying government officials with whom the project would benefit from having relationships with
- Identifying other means by which government affairs/APS can assist in the project development process
- Executing government affairs representation plans for clients
- Aid in the pursuit of state, local, and federal funding to support clients’ local project development and planning needs
- Assist in the development of presentation materials and talking points
- Keep informed and keep the client project team informed of government-related news with potential impacts on the project
- Plan, coordinate, and hold meetings with federal, state, and local government and organization offices to introduce our clients, build relationships, and advance other objectives, including policy matters
- Support bringing government officials to client sites and events
- Prepare reports and memos to clients on activities
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with federal, state, and local government and organizational contacts
- Keeping informed of government and other potential project development-related news and programs
- Performing special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Principals
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience in public policy, government relations, constituent service, or a related field
- State government experience required
- Project development and government funding experience is a strong bonus
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills; need to be able to effectively work a room and make connections and relationships; a people person
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop complex plans and programs to advance broader agendas
- Self-motivated and ambitious; detail-oriented
- Ability to work well alone and in a team environment
- Able to work remotely, including having own laptop computer with up-to-date Office 365 software
- Full-time employment position
- Salary and benefits:
- Beginning salary range of $50,000 to $70,000, depending on experience
- Health care
- Holidays and vacation time
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and three references to Jason Marmon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Active Policy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.