Vice President, Government Relations
In this role, you will partner with the Global Head of Corporate Social Responsibility and US Public Affairs to lead and facilitate government relations activities at the Federal level.
- Work with legal and compliance teams to solicit input on key regulatory issues that affect Natixis Investment Managers (NIM) business and collaborate to establish and implement a strategy that best fits NIM’s needs.
- Stay informed and educated on federal and state issues
- Provide insight and valuable knowledge to the Sales teams on regulatory and policy issues to enhance client interactions.
- Partner with marketing account managers, writers and video producers to create and deliver content to the Sales team. Examples are monthly web articles, client presentations, podcasts and video segments.
- Solicit outside subject matter experts on various issues to feature on marketing content.
- Travel with members of the Sales team to present on topics related to the Federal Government.
- Work closely with trade associations to understand newly proposed regulations and legislation and assess impact on NIM and our clients businesses.
- Facilitate internal participation on trade association working groups responsible for writing comment letters addressing proposed regulatory issues.
- Acts as point person for comment letters NIM writes directly to the regulators on issues that pose a considerable impact to our business.
- Engage with nationally elected officials and their staff to share NIM’s views on specific policy issues, internal views on the markets and industry, educate members and staff with research conducted by our Research Center, share strategic priorities and advocate for legislative action around issues such as ESG, tax reform, and retirement policies.
- Develops Federal and/or State priority recommendations and documentation, legislative request support materials, economic impact/development information and other materials in support of NIM’s government relations activities.
- Attend political events on behalf of NIM employee donations
- Work with Holding Co’s compliance team to submit mandatory lobbying reports
- Work with our partner lobbying firms on assessing policy and regulatory issues, strategy and implementation.
- Communicate and coordinate with NIM affiliate organizations and the global public policy team
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of seven years of experience directly related to government relations in financial services.
- Some knowledge of State and Federal government organizations and legislative processes, including budget and appropriations processes and other issues related to financial services and asset management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to impart information to a range of internal and external organizations and constituencies.
- Skilled in problem solving and developing public policy positions.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to research legislative history and the status of pending legislation and to analyze pending and enacted legislation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Natixis Investment Managers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by law.